Skip to content

Change of Information

STEM OPT Reporting and Change of Status:
  • Report changes in employment through the ISS Request page by navigating to the "Control Center" within 10 days.
  • Report changes to personal information including address and phone number through the SEVP Portal within 10 days.
  • Complete required STEM OPT reporting as required. See below for "Requirements in STEM OPT Extension." 
    • Check the SEVP Portal to view your STEM OPT reporting due dates.
  • It is your responsibility to comply with and pay attention to reporting requirements and deadlines.
  • If you change your status (to H-1b, etc.) while on STEM OPT, you must submit a final I-983 signed at the bottom of page 5. Please submit this as the 24-Month (final) Self-Evaluation Report found at the bottom of this page.
Material Changes:
  • See below "How To Update Your New STEM Employer Information" to submit your new/updated I-983.
  • Material changes that require a new/updated I-983 include:
    • New employer
    • Change in supervisor and/or supervisor contact information
    • Employer street address (company/headquarter address)
    • Employer site address (physical work location)
    • Change to employer’s EIN
    • Any reduction in student compensation that is not tied to a reduction in hours worked
    • Any significant decrease in hours per week that a student engages in a STEM training opportunity
    • Changes to the employer’s commitments or student’s learning objectives as documented on the Form I-983
    • Company Acquisition/
How to Update Your New STEM Employer Information:
  • Step 1: Find the "Control Center" section within the ISS Request page and select the "STEM - Change of Employer Information" This allows ISS to update your current STEM Extension with your new employer's information.
    • You do NOT need to pay a new STEM OPT processing fee.
    • If your Employer changes, upload both your new employer's I-983 and your previous employer's final I-983 signed at the bottom of page 5.
  • Step 2: ISS will process your request and print an updated I-20 for you with your new employer's information.
How to Update Your Personal Address or Phone Number:
Step 1: Update your personal address or phone number in the SEVP Portal.
  • ISS does not update these for STEM Extension students.
The information contained in this website is not intended as, and does not serve as, legal advice. It is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional legal advice. Content is subject to change, and students are advised to consult an experienced U.S. immigration attorney for advice and further information. Neither Concordia University, St. Paul nor the Office of International Student Services is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.