Skip to content

On-campus Employment

General Information:
  • F-1 students are permitted to work on-campus.
  • On-campus work is not required to relate to your major or program. 
  • Students may find a job by attending the on-campus job fairs and consulting the CSP Employment Opportunities job board. All on-campus jobs are posted under "Student Employment".
  • Students must observe HR limits for the number of hours worked per week (19 hours during semester, 29 hours during breaks).
  • Undergraduate students may work over 19 hours in summer as this is considered a vacation term.
  • Graduate students cannot work over 19 hours in summer as this is a required term.
  • Both undergraduate and graduate students can work over 19 hours when classes are not in session during breaks between semesters.
Social Security Number and HR Paperwork:
  • To request a Social Security Number, you must have a paid employment offer.
    • If you get an on-campus job and need a letter for the Social Security Administration (SSA) office, please place a letter request in the ISS Portal by clicking on the Letter Request Form.
  • After receiving the Social Security Card in the mail, students will follow up with the Human Resources department to finalize employment hiring paperwork. 
After Graduation:
  • Students are not authorized to continue working after the last day of classes in their graduation semester according to F-1 regulations.
    • Students enrolling in a new program of study in the next term may continue working until starting the new program according to F-1 regulations.